May 12, 2015

Fibromyalgia Awareness Day

I held back tears several times today reading Facebook posts regarding Fibromyalgia Awareness Day.  It is the loneliest of things, feeling overwhelmed by invisible syndromes and illnesses.  I'm sad to know anyone else has to deal with this too.

So, today I did a few posts to help with awareness.  Unfortunately, I can't forget about fibromyalgia.  It may never be "invisible" to me.  I'm always aware.  The pain of it and the co-morbid syndromes that accompany it don't LET me forget.  

The more knowledge people have, the less stigma and shame those with the syndrome will face.  It's surprising to know there are still doctors that don't believe fibromyalgia exists!  A lot of people have a hard time wrapping their heads around things they haven't personally experienced.  I'd love the technology to have anyone who doesn't think this is real to spend a day in my body!   It would bring them to their knees - which have moderately severe osteoarthritis (bone on bone), by the way, so that would hurt too ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment